When will next GLOBED edition start?

GLOBED 6th Edition will start by mid-September 2021. Call for Applications for Erasmus+ Scholarships will be opened from 7 December 2020 until 15 February 2021 at 23:59 (CET).

Call for Applications for self-funding students will open from 16 February 2021 until 30 April 2021.


Will there be any changes to the programme on the 6th Edition?

No, when it comes to the path of the program. Students will have to choose the same study paths for the 2nd Semester being these on International Comparative Education (University of Glasgow) or Global, Social and Education Policies (University of Bremen). Likewise, the Winter School will be organised by the University of Cyprus between the 3rd and the 4th Semesters.

On the other side, we have prepared a flexible blended learning approach for the coming academic years, due to the current circumstances. We are constantly adapting the program to the global health measures and recommendations. In this sense, local rules will apply (Spain for the UAB; United Kingdom for the UoG; Germany for the UB and Cyprus for the UCY).


Will there be scholarships available on the next editions?

Yes, GLOBED has received a funding from the European Commission which includes Scholarships for the next editions, that is to say, 2021/23 and 2022/24. In total, 15 Erasmus+ scholarships will be provided for each edition and 3 more along the same period for ENI South country students (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia).


Where can I apply for the GLOBED Erasmus Mundus JMD?

Please, follow the instructions stated at the section How to apply.


I don’t meet the English language requirements. Can I apply?

Those students who do not have the certificate by the deadline can submit the application without the certificate. In that case, you need to attach a form (available at “How to apply” section) or your exam registration in order to finish the admission process.

In case you are accepted into the programme you will be issued a “conditional acceptance” upon submission of the English Certificate before May 15th.


I come from an English-speaking country. Do I need to take an English language test?

No, if your country is listed here you don’t have to take an English language test.


I don’t come from an English-speaking country but I consider that my language skills will suffice. Do I need to take an English language test?

Yes, non-native English speakers must take an English language test unless they fall in one of the following categories. In such case, they may request an English language proficiency waiver, i.e.:

  • Applicants who have obtained their Bachelor Degree from a university in Australia, Canada, Ireland, the UK, the USA or New Zealand.
  • Applicants who, within the past five years, spent a minimum of two consecutive years of study at a university or institution of higher education in Australia, Canada, Ireland, the UK, the USA or New Zealand and whose language of instruction was English.
  • Applicants who have minimum of two years’ work experience in an international company where English is the official working language (attestation from the employer which testifies proficiency in both written and spoken English must be proved).
  • Applicants from countries where English is one of the several official languages (list available at “How to apply” section).

In each of the above cases, the Consortium Committee reserves the right to request evidence of English language proficiency.


My home university does not appear on the UAB system when I try to apply.

In that case, please select Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB). When you have completed your application, send us an e-mail to info@globed.eu with the name of your home university and we will take care to modify your information accordingly.


I am in the last year of my Bachelor’s Degree. Can I apply?

Yes. For those admitted students who have not completed the Bachelor’s degree yet, GLOBED will issue a “conditional admission”. The deadline to submit the diploma and the transcript of records (or temporary diploma) will be on July 10th.


I have a Bachelor’s Degree but it is not on the list of required degrees. Can I still apply?

Yes. The Selection Board will determine whether it is considered eligible or not and students will be informed.


Do we need to send a recommendation letter?

No. At this first stage of the Selection procedure, we only ask students to provide us with a complete contact details of two job supervisors or faculty members. In case that the student progress on the Selection procedure, we will contact the stated person.


I cannot see my country on the list of Partner or Programme countries. Can I apply?

All nationalities are welcome at GLOBED. However, students from countries not recognized by Spain (i.e. Kosovo), will be not able to follow the programme because of visa inconveniences, and so their application will be declined. Students coming from those countries can still apply with a second nationality, if possible.

Programme countries are all European Union countries; Turkey; Iceland; Norway; F.Y.R. Macedonia, Serbia and Liechtenstein. Partner countries are all other countries in the world.


Do I have to pay any registration fee at the pre-enrolment procedure?

No. Even if at some stages of the pre-enrolment procedure, students may see information regarding a first payment, that only applies to UAB local Masters.

As GLOBED is a Joint Master Degree, consequently does not have to follow this UAB rule.


Do we have to translate and legalise our diplomas in order to apply to the programme?

Not during the application process. Only if eventually selected you will be asked to translate and legalise your Bachelor’s diploma and transcript of records.

I am a Partner country student but I have studied/worked for more than 12 months in the last 5 years in a Programme country. Can I apply?

Yes. Your application will be eligible, but you will be counted as Programme country student, not as Partner country student.


If I am selected into GLOBED EMJMD, can I choose the destination for the second semester (Bremen or Glasgow)?

GLOBED Consortium asks students about their favourite destination, and the willing will be always to respect students’ decision. Despite this, if the amount of students choosing one or another destination is heavily unbalanced, some adjustments will be done.


My CV is not in Europass format. Can I upload it?

No, all CV’s that are not in the Europass format will be considered as invalid documentation. As we receive hundred’s of applications, it is crucial for us to have one single format of CV so we can quickly identify the key strengths of each applicant. More information about how to do a Europass CV can be found at their official website.

Same applies for Motivation Letters or Essay documents exceeding the maximum limit.


What is the required format for the Motivation Letter?

You can follow the same requirements than for the Essay:

  • Typing: Font should be Times New Roman, size 11; spacing for the main text should be 1.5.
  • Motivation letters exceeding one page will be considered invalids, hence the application will be automatically nullified.

Which implications has Covid-19 on the program?

The Covid-19 pandemic may have implications on the development of the programme. If so, students will be able to follow the programme on-line through the Virtual Learning Environment and join the programme face to face once COVID-19 travel restrictions are lifted. Internships and fieldwork activities can also be developed remotely, if needed.

I am not very familiar with the Erasmus+ Master Degree programme and I would like to get a general overview.

More information about the Erasmus+ programmes and further experiences from former students of GLOBED and all other programmes can be found at the Erasmus Mundus Association website (em-a.eu), and specifically about GLOBED on this site.